Applications: Virus isolation and propagation. Toxicological and Gene expression studies.
Deposited at: CAHC Repository, Melvishram and NBFGR, Lucknow, India
Species: Asian sea bass (Lates calcarifer)
- Optimum temperature - 28°C
- Chromosomal number - 48 (2n) (Carrey and Mather, 1999)
- Transfection efficiency - High
- Authentication - By PCR using primer sets of microsatellite markers of sea bass
1.Sahul Hameed, A.S., Parameswaran, V., Ravi Sukla, Singh, B. and Ramesh Bhonde, 2006. Establishment and characterization of India’s first marine fish cell line (SISK) from kidney of sea bass, (Lates calcarifer). Aquaculture, 257, 92-103.
2. Parameswaran, V., Ravi Shukla, Bhonde, R.R. and Sahul Hameed A.S. 2006. Splenic cell line from sea bass, Lates calcarifer: Establishment and characterization. Aquaculture, 261, 43-53.
Dr.A.S. Sahul Hameed, C. Abdul Hakeem College, Melvisharam – 632 509 Tamil Nadu, India.
Funded by Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India.