Dr.A.S. Sahul Hamed, C. Abdul Hakeem College, Melvisharam – 632 509 Tamil Nadu, India.
Funded by Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India.
Species: Catla (Catla catla)
- Optimum temperature - 28°C
- Chromosomal number - 50 (2n) (Majumdar and RayChaudhuri, 1976)
- Transfection efficiency - High
- Authentication - By PCR using primer sets of 12S rRNA gene
Deposited at: CAHC Repository, Melvishram and NBFGR, Lucknow, India.
1. Ishaq Ahmed. V.P., Vikash Chandra, Parameswaran. V., Venkatesan. C., Shukla. R., Ramesh Bhonde, and Sahul Hameed. A.S. 2008. A new epithelial-like cell line from eye muscle of catla Catla catla (Hamilton): development and characterization. Journal of Fish Biology 72, 2026–2038.
2.Ishaq Ahmed, V.P., Sarath Babu, V., Vikash Chandra, Nambi, K.S., John Thomas, Ramesh Bhonde, and Sahul Hameed, A.S. 2009. A new fibroblastic - like cell line from heart muscle of the Indian major carp (Catla catla): Development and characterization .Aquaculture. 293,180-186.
3. Ishaq Ahmed, V.P., Chandra, V., Sudhakaran, R.., Rajesh Kumar, S., Sarathi, M., Sarath Babu, V., Ramesh, B. and Sahul Hameed, A.S. 2009. Development and characterization of cell lines derived from rohu, Labeo rohita (Hamilton), and catla, Catla catla (Hamilton). Journal of Fish Diseases 32, 211–218.
4. Taju, G., Abdul Majeed, S., Nambi, K.S N., Sahul Hameed, A.S. 2013. Development and characterization of cell line from the gill tissue of Catla catla (Hamilton, 1822) for toxicological studies Chemosphere, 90, 2172–2180.